Thursday, April 15, 2010

WhaI want to change my name back to the original Welsh. Problem it's illegal in UK will it effect it in the US?

Both of my grandfathers were from the same tribe in Northern Wales. They were both put on ships in the middle of the night and sent away. They found their way to the US and both married native americans.


Immigration gave them names that were english.


The problem I am worried about is that under the U.K. rabble rouser laws the family name is not legal on government documents in the U.K., will that effect my abillity to change it back in the U.S.?

WhaI want to change my name back to the original Welsh. Problem it's illegal in UK will it effect it in the US?
There have been no Welsh tribes for centuries.


Transportation ended before your grandfathers were born.


No name is illegal in the UK as long as it is not offensive.


You are an American and subject to the laws of the United States.
Reply:Sounds a bit like an outdated law. I'm sure the US wouldn't have a problem with you changing your name : )


No comments:

Post a Comment